The Ability programme is co-financed by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
LYS’ Ability Programme aims to empower and facilitate young people (15-24yrs) with disabilities to develop personally, economically and socially to meet their needs and realise their full potential.
How can Ability support you?
- Ability will support a young person who may not currently be ready to enter employment and/or education/training by using a range of person-centered approaches.
- Provide a young person with tailored/individualised interventions that support their employment prospects.
- Mentor and coach young people to develop the confidence and skills required to participate/transition through education, training and employment.
- Young people will be supported to achieve their goals and aspirations through career guidance practices in one-one and group based sessions.
- The Ability Team will work with and build the capacity of employers and organisations to offer work placements and employment opportunities for young people with disabilities.
- Support young people and their families as well as service providers to ensure a young person is reaching their full potential.
- Support them in engaging with the wider community, creating a meaningful social roles.
The Ability Programme is open to young people who live in the Limerick City Metropolitan Area or Surrounds & have a diagnosis of one of the following:
- Hidden Disability
- Learning Disability
- Mental Health Condition
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
In addition the young person must be:
- In receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension or illness benefit for more than three months.
- An existing participant of Limerick Youth Service.
- Referred to our project by relevant organisations or services supporting young people with disabilities.
Get In Touch
Interested in taking part in the Ability Programme? Just complete the Expression of Interest Form:
Ability Programme, Limerick Youth Service, 5 Lr Glentworth Street, Limerick V94 YF95.
or Youth Mentors: Niamh at 087-7024480 or Zoe at 087-1684165
The Ability Programme is co-financed by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.